Monday, June 13, 2005

Week Five

Here I am, in my fifth week in China. I played golf yesterday. I’m working on that report. It may be a little long – a lot to tell!! What a day! Look for that posting soon.

Some miscellaneous points:

  • No apartment yet – somehow I missed out on the one I first wanted, and now must wait two more weeks for next one I liked.
  • I’m one of the few managers here this week – most everyone is in Chicago for NEOCON and Grand Opening of our new Decca Contract showroom there.
  • Mondays are usual calm. It is still Sunday in the States, so there is usually no email from U.S. associates like most other mornings.
  • Business cards arrived last week – see my title to right under my profile. I included phone number from the U.S. too.
  • Keep finding new areas or rooms here at Decca facility. I’ll post some pics of some new areas I recently visited.
  • We even have a machine to grind and compose dust into log-like blocks so we can then burn for fuel.
  • Power is frequently off to residential areas two days a week here. Hope I don’t need to get to my apartment on 16th floor when that happens. Here at Decca we have diesel generators that kick in around 7:00 AM.
  • To get to this blog regularly it is best just to paste www.abrysoninchina.blogspot.com in your browser, then add it as a bookmark or favorite so you can then return to check from time to time. I post most days.
  • To see pictures better, double click on any for an enlargement.
  • If you want to be on email of postings, let me know.
  • Heat is rising! It’s already humid! Have I mentioned that?