Thursday, July 21, 2005

Korean Night

Sorry to have another posting about food, but the other night was another first, AND a special treat. For Tony Tia’s birthday, a small group of us went to dinner together. The selection turned out to be a restaurant near my new apartment. It was a Korean restaurant. And why not, I hadn’t done that yet!

Unique in style, we sat at a long table with two cooking barbecues built right in. From there the cooks prepared delicacies of beef, fish, and you name it. We started with many small dishes of appetizers. I was informed the kimchee was very special. Evidently, it is a must at every Korean meal. And women that aren’t so good at preparing it, will have a hard time finding a husband.

I wonder if that also goes for the other dishes. I’m not so sure that all women must know how to prepare the likes of our other specials: ox tongue, and salmon head.

Another unique meal. Happy Birthday Tony!