Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Let’s go to Thailand

I’m off to Thailand again tomorrow.  It is a quick trip to check some product issues at our site near Chunberry.  I leave on Thursday and return to Hong Kong on Saturday for another Decca party on Sunday.  They do love to party!  I’m sure there will be more pics soon.

The Sunday party is a special occasion.  It’s Chinese New Year season, The Year of the Dog has arrived!  A lot of events are happening, and people are going everywhere.  Most ex-pats get out of the area.  From what I can tell there will not even be a lot of places open in China.  Our plant is closing down for three days starting the 28th, and I’m told there are fewer than 10% of employees here for the following week.

I’m going back to Thailand again to work during the Chinese New Year.  Okay, hopefully I’ll catch a round or two of golf with my friend Lucas.  

For now, to Thailand on Thursday to Saturday; then to Hong Kong;  back to Dongguan on Monday; and return to Thailand on the 28th.  I’ve got visitors here for the second straight week, and have more next week!  What a month!