Saturday, March 10, 2007

Man............. What a Small World!!

I was rushing to take some guests to Dongguan City the other night, when I ran into some friends from Henredon visiting our factory. I had just heard they were coming, and was upset that I wouldn't get time to see them, since I had to leave with the other guests. But at least I did get a chance to say hello and speak with them. As I was saying "Hello," an unknown young man in the rear of the group spoke up and asked "Are you Gene Bryson?"

"Well Yes," I replied.

"We have the same grandfather, Albert McCracken."

Well drop my drawers at Statue Square [That's in Hong Kong - for you foreigners]!! You needed a forklift to get my jaw off the floor.

I knew that cousin Linda's son, Clint, was getting into the furniture industry, but I didn't know where he had gone, and sure didn't expect him here in Dongguan at my factory!

You just never know who you're gonna run into over here!


At my office in Dongguan with cousin, Clint Brown.