Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Flat Nathan Arrives in China

Writing a blog can lead to some very unusual things. I’ve been tracked down for a lot of information about Dongguan. Interesting, considering I’ve only been here a couple of years. I even got asked to take pictures of the town here where a Michigan couple got their adopted daughter.

But the recent request of my niece’s son was one that has been more than a little out of the ordinary. It seems the book Flat Stanley has inspired a school program of little paper dolls traveling the world from young students (read more about Flat Stanley project here). Nathan, my niece’s son, asked me to accept one he drew in his second grade class, and to then take some pictures with “Flat Nathan” around China.

Believe me, it can be more than a little intimidating standing up amongst throngs of people to get your picture taken with a paper doll. …………. Oh well….. right up my alley!

Here are a few of the pics so far.

Labels: , ,