Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July

It's been a great weekend in Hong Kong. I didn't find brats and burgers, but the Symphony of Lights show (see pics) included fireworks.
I watched the light show with a couple from Australia just returning from an icebreaker cruise above Norway. A visit to the island of Cheung Chau was recommended by William Lam. I had lunch with him on Saturday. He is a co-worker of my good friend Tony Sanders. On the island Sunday, I walked to a temple with Jong from Finland and strode down the beach to the South China Sea. Then I rode up the hills of Hong Kong on the world's longest escalator at the Mid-Levels. Today I had a wonderful dim sum lunch with Vicky on her return from the Bahamas. And tonight I saw War of the Worlds. The only Chinese subtitles were for background dialogue. A very international weekend!