Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"Tomorrow, tomorrow"

Well, I’ve been here for months now, and I still don’t have an Internet connection at my apartment. Okay, I’ve only actually been in the apartment for a couple of months. But during that time I have been on a waiting list for weeks to get DSL. I think I’m finally close. Don’t ask me what takes so long.

After several weeks of asking about the process, I finally got to go to China Mobile last week to register. Of course, wouldn’t ya know that they also needed official confirmation from my apartment complex. And being my luck, the apartment wasn’t open at that time. So after another week passed before I got the apartment sign-off. Now I’m told China Mobile has to come by and hook up a line in my apartment. So I have to make a special trip back to the apartment early today. But we’re not there yet. Then they have to do some more wiring. I think I may finally get hookup later in week. What a process!

So how am I handling this? If some of you wonder why I don’t write more often, read above: I don’t have Internet at my apartment!! That is a real pain. For these articles, I can write at home in Word, and then I can copy over to blogspot at work. I want to be able to do this at any hour!!!

My driver Sao Boa, who is helping me on this doesn’t speak much English, but he understands I’m frustrated! It is a joke now between us when I keep rolling my eyes whenever we approach the subject, and say: “DSL = Tomorrow, tomorrow!” He just laughs too, and says: “Tomorrow, tomorrow!” Hopefully tomorrow will come…… some day!