Tuesday, February 14, 2006

NOISE!!

I’m getting sleepy! I shouldn’t be so tired, but there is some new noise around my apartment! It is cause for some trepidation.

A few weeks ago, I noticed some machines in the parking lot of our complex just outside my bedroom window. It concerned me that some new construction might be started in this little used space, but then they disappeared. But over the weekend, new worse equipment arrived. A pile driver started chipping up the asphalt! Try to sleep with a pile driver out your window.

Last night, I was kept awake late into the night. The workers just turned on some headlights to the crane they were now employing and just kept on working until after midnight. A call to the apartment complex to complain didn’t do much good either. There wasn’t even anyone there that spoke English! Pretty frustrating.

I’ve mentioned before that our factory works some long hours. That goes for all things, now including the construction next door! We even had some special CNC programming going until 3 AM this morning to get some prototypes done for our evaluation before a customer has to leave this week. And there is little said about such hours. They just seem to keep on working.

My apartment is Building 5. There is no 1 through 4. That may be changing. I think I need to move up to a higher number away from this