Thursday, January 26, 2006

Year of the Dog

This is New Year’s Eve!  .. …. And no, this is not a late posting!  It is the eve of the Chinese New Year!  The Year of the Dog is here!  

Overnight trees of small orange type fruits, and bare limbed trees save for decorations of red envelopes, have popped up everywhere.  Red lanterns hang from everywhere.  Firework strings are in other prominent locations.  Flower pots are in great abundance.

I had heard this was a big deal.  I’m beginning to see that it is bigger than I even expected.  I’m getting worn out from parties.  The plant is closing for seven days.  Mr. Tsang tells me that it has never closed for so long.  That’s a really big deal.

Plants are closing all around.  People are already starting to move all over.  They all want to go home.  Our Hong Kong staff that work at the plant in Thailand are going home, and I’m going there to work in their steed.  Okay, I do hope to get a few rounds of golf in too.  Nothing much will be open around here, so it is a good thing I am leaving.

I don’t have time to write much about them, but I have posted pictures from the two Decca Chinese New Year parties.  One was at the factory, the other in Hong Kong.  I’m worn out.

See the pictures at:
Factory Party = http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=abrysoninchina&p=1A55&AID=3201300

Hong Kong = http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=abrysoninchina&p=1A55&AID=3220740

Happy New Year,
Gene