Friday, October 20, 2006

5,000 Visits

I didn’t quite know what I was getting into when I started this blog. Of course, I knew even less of what I was getting into by moving to China. But in making that move of all moves, I had to figure a way to communicate to all of you that kept asking me to write about my life over here. Abrysoninchina.blogspot.com was my little way of figuring out how to do it.

I was certainly new to blogs. And I’m not exactly doing it like the format was originally intended. I guess in some ways, I have been a pioneer in the travel blog category. But it has been fun. I have unique and great experiences over here. It is nice to share with others.

I never knew how many would read. I don’t know if to be surprised or not at today’s new milestone. The little counter will pass 5,000 today. That’s certainly not even close to the hits of a Drudge Report or many of my contemporaries in this field. But I’m always surprised how someone mentions something to me that they could only have learned from the blog. It is always nice to hear that folks do read this drivel I keep writing.

So thanks for visiting! Keep coming back!