Wednesday, June 27, 2007

From the USA to China

So much fun! Sitting in a seat for 14 hours! Who came up with this exhilarating ride? I’ve had more fun watching grass grow.

Okay, I shouldn’t complain. At least this flight is not one of the 16 or 19 hour flights. But it did start an hour late, and that was after a flight to San Francisco from Denver that started 7 hours earlier. To say the least, it has been a long day already! I figure it will be 27 hours between my leaving my sister’s home until I walk into mine in Dongguan.

Hey! I got Business Class Upgrade too! This upper cabin is pretty nice. The seats sure are BIG! What a change that is! But getting a window seat with poor kidneys is not so good. It is pretty tough to climb over these extended seats all around me. You can’t have everything, but this is still a better alternative than downstairs in a cramped Economy seat.

It’s been a great trip. Chicago, Grand Rapids, Charlotte, Waynesville, Winston-Salem, High Point, Chapel Hill, and Longmont, CO. Six different beds in two weeks. Thanks to all who shared their space and homes during the time. And great to see so many friends and family!

Now it’s back to real humidity. After a dose of 7% humidity in Denver, I could use a little moisture. …………. Probably not gonna want as much as I’m gonna get though! I’m going from Colorado’s 99°F and 7% humidity weather to temps of only 88°F, but with humidity constantly over 75%, the heat index is always over 100°F!

And I thought Michiganders were funny talking about high humidity! Can you believe the Coloradans saying they had “haze on the mountains!” And how could they complain about temperatures in the 90’s? With wind and the dry humidity, it was like sitting by a warm fireside. It felt soooooooooo good!

Well, now back to China’s daily dose of tropical rainforest weather! Here we go again! Hopefully, I’ll be back to writing regularly again soon.

BTW, photos are posted in links on the right. There’s NEOCON business pics! Then there’s Grand Rapids photos from Sam’s! Several albums are from North Carolina visits to Cataloochee in the Smoky Mountains, to Winston-Salem and even Chapel Hill. And of course, there are many of my great niece and nephew and our time around Denver including a few with the gorilla at Casa Bonita. What a great trip!

Labels: ,