Thursday, August 09, 2007

Typhoon Brings Some Relief........ But No News

Finally a break in the heat! A typhoon! I never thought I would be so happy to be near a typhoon! But this one is bringing cooler temperatures, even though the humidity has gone up dramatically, it is a lot better than its been, particularly with the added wind. And besides, it doesn’t look like it will materialize into too severe of a storm, just be good for some wetter weather, and milder temperatures.

Which is great relief, considering I have not been in the best of spirits in the mornings lately. Seems the News networks must not be in favor with the Chinese lately. The ABC and CBS Evening newscasts (which show here in the mornings) have been pre-emptied most days lately.

I am getting pretty tired of Samantha Brown climbing the inclined walk to the top of the Cathedral in Seville. Or the Rocco versus Jeffery saga on The Restaurant. You would think that they are the only two shows the local networks own here. They don’t show any other broadcast when they cancel the newscast. And I mean they show the very same two shows, not another show from either series. Just the same show every time they pre-empt the news. So in the last two months, I bet I’ve seen Samantha climb to the top of that Seville Cathedral over a hundred times! I’M SICK OF IT! Can’t she go to another city?

At least it’s cooler! Only 90° F!

Labels: , , ,