Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Samatha Brown Still In Seville

You can sure tell something is up this week. I bet Samantha Brown has visited Seville every morning for the last two weeks. At least she has on my TV. That one Travel Channel documentary is the standard fill-in whenever the regular news is controversial. And with the People’s Congress meeting in Beijing, almost all news is regularly being pre-emptied.

You can be sure that not many people are even reading this in China. No, I’ve not gotten combative with my opinions. Heck, I don’t even express any here. This is just a fun travel site. But the government here elects to limit access to any blog site. I can’t even read my own site from my home. There are some roundabout ways to do it, I’m told, but I’m not that computer savvy. Besides I can still get to it at work from our Hong Kong server.

And the government made it even very difficult for businesses recently. With the Congress meeting being held for the first time in five years, most servers that had any blog were shut down. That basically curtailed any business that worked from the internet.

But I miss the news. Every morning I plan my day around seeing the ABC or CBS Evening News from the US. The Hong Kong stations broadcasting into our area carry both here at 7:30 AM on a slight delay from the US. But for the last two weeks, I’ve see Samantha Brown climb those steps to the top of the “world’s largest cathedral” in Seville! I know enough about Seville!! At least, just show me another city tour!!

Labels: , ,