Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Time to Go Home

Yep! You read it right! I’m going home to the USA! It’s been a wonderful three years here in China, but I need to be in the US for a few years through kidney transplant, and Decca is being kind enough to help make that happen.

It wasn’t exactly the way I thought it would transpire, but you have to take the twists and turns as they come at you sometimes, and this is an opportunity I figure I better take for my own health. I need a kidney transplant, and could be on dialysis in the next six months. I want to be in the US if it gets to the latter, and would prefer the transplant in the US too. But for that I would not be so picky, if it were more available. Only right now, the US looks to be the best option for me.

So this week I head back. I will be managing our upholstery operation in High Point, NC. After a few weeks, I will come back to China to transition responsibilities and should be back to High Point permanently in early May. (That is permanent only in the sense that nothing is ever permanent.)

There is no timing on the health situation, but hopefully I will get active status on the UNOS waiting list soon after I return. At my distance in china, I can only be on inactive status. But at least I am accumulating time against the long wait.

Speedy’s here I come! Throw another shoulder on the spit! It’s time to pigout on BBQ!!

Labels: , , ,