Thursday, March 06, 2008

Maybe a New Career

I’ve been asked to do a lot of unusual things, but I think today had a new first: I was asked to be a model!.......... Yep! Me!

Not too often a guy my age would ever be asked, but sure enough I got asked by our management to go to a sister plant for a photograph session displaying their flooring products. Seems a customer was in town doing some photographs for a brochure and wanted a Westerner in the photo.

Being the only “megua” or American on site, and the only Westerner for that matter, among our factory of over 3000 people, I got asked! So I guess it is not so surprising, when you consider that I was the only option.

There seems to still be a sense that showing a Westerner adds respect to something. The obnoxious infomercials that show about every ten minutes on television, are always saying that the outrageous product for making you grow taller, or put hair on balding men, are all USA products. I’ve never seen them in the US.

But who knows, now maybe our flooring will get broader sales, since I’m in some of their promotional photos! …………….. Yeah! Right!

Labels: , ,