Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Farewell Decca Dinner at Pousthouse


I never thought I would find a family here. I found two.

When I left out of the USA three years ago, I figured this would be a good job for a couple of years. Little did I know that I would love the work, the company, and even the country of China. Maybe my expectations were low. Never did I expect to find that in China I would come to love my company and the company of my friends in Dongguan.

Last night, I had the chance to share some of that love with my closest associates from Decca Furniture. They threw me a Farewell Dinner at my favorite haunt, the Pousthouse Restaurant in Nancheng area of Dongguan City. Almost 40 associates piled into the Decca buses to ride to the city for a evening of good food and fun together.

More of the unexpected, was the norm. I knew the dinner would be good, but I didn’t expect the champagne and frivolity. They even coaxed me into singing a few songs. ………. Not so sure that was a good idea. But they seemed to enjoy.

I have worked for too many companies in my career. I never expected that I would find a family atmosphere in a company in China. We have that here at Decca. We do things together. We eat together. And we work hard together. It is a family. And a great one to have been a part of for three years.

I will miss it all deeply. At least I know, that I am not leaving the family. I am just going to be apart for a while. And I know I will return.

Photos of the party and dinner can be accessed by clicking here. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,