Saturday, May 16, 2009

Interesting Book Published: Larry's Kidney

I just got word about a most interesting titled book that has me doubly interested. The title is Larry's Kidney: Being the True Story of How I Found Myself in China with My Black Sheep Cousin and His Mail-Order Bride, Skirting the Law to Get Him a Transplant -- And Save His Life. (Some background on the book can be found here.)

I said "doubly", because first, I lived in China for three years, and two, now need a new kidney myself. And while in China, I contemplated purchasing a kidney, and even visited a hospital there. But I couldn't go through with it, and in fact it is against the law to transplant a foreigner, so this author went through some interesting actions to get the kidney for his cousin.

The book is available on Amazon. Search Larry's Kidney. Or click here (it might work, if I set it up right).



Labels: ,