Friday, May 20, 2005

Breakfast Crackers

Well, I had a very different breakfast today: peanut butter crackers and Pringles. Better than noodles.

I had the chance yesterday to visit a local supermarket. Out visiting a supplier nearby to our plant in Dalingshan, I suggested to my associate to buy some snacks. We promptly had the driver stop near the town square, and visited a large department store. The second floor was devoted to a supermarket. I didn't shop long on this visit, but it was certainly well stocked.

There were plenty of fruits, vegetables, and other fresh produce. Racks of packaged goods advertised new treats including cereal and potato chips. The Pringles can was even primarily in English. Most other things were much more Chinese, and it wasn't easy finding crackers to my liking. Most had "yogurt" filling... so I was told.

Quite an infactuation with toothpaste and shampoos, too. On the English television channels, those two products dominate the advertising. Probably at least 75% of the advertisements are for the same Crest or Olay products. The supermarket had several rows devoted to toothpaste, shampoo, and soaps.

Also, the first floor included a McDonald's. So there is one nearby!! KFC round the corner, and they are very proud of the new Adidas store, and that a new Grand Hyatt will be opening soon.

Anyway, I loaded up on snacks. That will help get me in between meals of chicken and noodles.