Thursday, October 13, 2005

Home for Thanksgiving!!

Put another shoulder of pork on the pit! Let Hickory Log, Sam’s, Speedy’s, Monk, and Nobles all know that I’ll be there soon! I want all the non-Chinese food I can eat!!

Yes! I’m coming home! Finally! It’s back to the States for two weeks! And over Thanksgiving too! I can’t wait. I get to take home leave a couple of times a year. I’ve already been in China for over six months, so it’s certainly time to head home.

I do have to do a little business while in the US. On Monday, November 14, I am going to visit our Chicago Decca Contract showroom in the Merchandise Mart. It recently won a special award for best showroom at NEOCON, in our first attendance. Anyway, since I arrive on Saturday the 12th (by gaining a day across the International Time Line), I plan to visit Grand Rapids for a night or two.

I then go to Atlanta for a day with our Hospitality organization, before getting to North Carolina late the 15th. I’ll also have some business in our Bolier furniture office in High Point the 16th or 17th.

But otherwise, I’m gonna be home to see family and friends! So crank up the band. Order the BBQ! And sweeten that iced tea! I can’t wait!!

Tentative Schedule:

November 12

Hong Kong to Chicago

Arrival in US at 11:40 AM

November 12

Chicago to Grand Rapids

Arrival at 3:08 PM

November 14

GR to Chicago

Arrival at 8:10 AM CST

November 14

Chicago to Atlanta

Arrival at 6:44 PM EST

November 15

Atlanta to Charlotte

Arrival at 8:32 PM EST

November 16

Waynesville

November 17

High Point

November 18 – 23

Triad Area

November 24 – 26

Waynesville

November 27

Charlotte to Hong Kong

Depart at 9:20 AM EST