Friday, November 11, 2005

Roy, the Bartender

One last stop in Hong Kong!  Soon it will be on the way to the US, but I had to come on into Hong Kong last night to have time to make my flight on Thursday.  So….  Time for a hamburger!  I know, it doesn’t sound like much.  But would you believe its probably been three weeks since I’ve had a burger.  Now how many weeks do you go without one in America?  Unless you’re dieting, I bet it’s not many.

So off I went last night to find a better burger.  I even passed a small McDonalds that advertised its Delivery Service!  China loves delivery.  You can get anything delivered.  Even burgers from McDonalds!

But I wanted something better.  I had enjoyed the Americana Union  Bar & Grill on my last visit.  It’s a pub-style place I had found in the IFC Mall.  So off I went to try again.

Now what occurred next has me still contemplating.  Here I am in a country around on the other side of the world, and only visiting Hong Kong because I have to go through here frequently to get my visa stamped.  ………  

But I knew the bartender!  It was Roy!  Can you believe it?  Yea, you’re probably saying I’m spending too much time in bars if I know the bartenders.  But this is only my second time in the place, and the first time I had seen him here.  

I actually knew Roy from his former employer, the Outback in Causeway Bay.  I do like the steaks there.  Now it does seem a little scary when you know the bartenders in a city as big as Hong Kong.   But its nothing better than to sit down in a restaurant so far away from home and know someone!   I’ll be back to see him.

But it’s time to go catch a plane to America!!  Yahoo!!