Monday, March 20, 2006

A Golf Joke?

An Brit, a Kiwi, a North Carolinian, and a Korean were playing golf in China. The North Carolinian works in furniture. The Brit is part owner of an upholstery plant in China. The North Carolinian meets the Kiwi and finds out he works with La-Z-Boy. He asks the Korean what business he’s in, and the Korean responds: “Furniture”.

WAIT…… This isn’t a joke. This was my foursome on Sunday. That did happen! What a small world huh? Here I joined my British friend Lucas for golf. He brought the Kiwi, Chris, who regularly visits for La-Z-Boy from New Zealand. We get paired with Kim from Korea. As we are playing, I really did ask Kim “What business are you in?”. When he responded “Furniture”, I couldn’t believe it. Here we had four guys from four different countries, all working in furniture and now playing golf together in China. I guess that goes to show the importance of China for furniture.