Tuesday, May 16, 2006

M & M's at a Wedding

M & M’s at a wedding! Now that’s my kind of wedding. And it made perfect sense too! It was Mandy and Malcolm’s wedding! M & M!

Sorry it’s taken me a week to post this, but I have now gotten the over 200 pictures that I took at the reception onto my accompanying photo website. When I walked in the door, Malcolm greeted me and implored me: “Take a lot of pictures!” Well, I obliged. But at the same time, I tried to remain discrete and not in the way of the other two professional photographers capturing the event.

And the reception was great! What a nice event on my return to China. It was just my second night back and I was seeing all my great friends here in a wonderful celebration of family union! I can’t think of a better way to renew acquaintances. Very nice. You see, I work with both Mandy and Malcolm. Malcolm is lead manager of our biggest group of project managers for our hospitality furniture. Mandy manages some retail projects and our showroom in Hong Kong. Great to see the two of them together!

And the wedding reception was of course, very beautiful! It was held in the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel in Kowloon. Mandy was gorgeous in all three dresses! She is always beautiful, but was even more stunning in the formal wear of her wedding night. Malcolm even looked handsome and, okay, let’s be honest: a little more reserved than usual. He was a gentleman and wonderful host too. He was doing great! He worked the crowd like a real pro.

I got in early enough to see the elder ladies of the family share tea with the married couple. I understood this to be some kind of fertility rite. And in the meantime, at least a dozen tables of four patrons at each were busy playing mahjong. That is a type of domino game. I sure don’t understand all the fast action of turning the domino like blocks and stacking them in a row and….. oh I give up.

The meal was the usual multi-course celebration of Hong Kong treats. I guess most receptions start with the suckling pig. And somewhere along the way there is always traditional shark fin soup. Very tasty!

And of course, the wine flowed strong throughout the night. Toasts were prevalent, and everyone enjoyed a wonderful celebration! It was good to be back in China!

Photos can be reached from the link on the right or by pasting the following in your browser: http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=abrysoninchina&p=1A55&AID=3457603