Monday, May 08, 2006

A Warm Welcome to Hong Kong

Nothing like a warm welcome! …….. Okay, I coulda done without that kind of warm! Here I just finished circumventing this beautiful earth, had left Colorado with temps in the low 40’s some 22 hours before, and as I left the cabin of the airplane at Hong Kong International, I was met with a rude welcome: A very HOT welcome! What a blast of heat! A wave of hot, humid air hit me like a breaker of waves. Why do they not air-condition the jet way? It is like I walked out of this refrigerator of a plane and stepped into a tunnel used for testing heat and humidity. And then zip into the terminal and its cool again.

The pilot had actually given us a warning. As we were landing he announced it was 33 degrees Celsius. That’s around 88 degrees Fahrenheit! And the humidity musta been over 90!

But I am back in Hong Kong! Not sure what day it is, but I’m in China, at least I know that much. I can tell by how I can’t step three feet without running into people… people, people, people. Everywhere! I have had a couple of good night’s sleep, saw Mission Impossible III, and even got a nap yesterday. That was almost a mistake. The cleaning personnel awoke me to change bathroom towels in my hotel room, just in time for me to get ready to go to Malcolm and Mandy’s wedding!

And what a wedding! Just beautiful! Great food and wine…. As always here! Hard to get up and head back to work on a day after that. But I got to do it now, so I’ll write more about the wedding later!

I’m back in China! Soon back to Dongguan! And I’m ready! Really looking forward to getting back to regular work after seeing the world and +10 cities along the way!