Friday, May 05, 2006

Back to China!

Almost time to get back to China. Yeah, I’m ready to head back. This has been a long trip. I’ve loved every minute of my stay. But I want to get back to a regular life again. I’ll miss family and friends, and the big mirrors and great showers where I’ve been. But it is always good to get back to one’s bed… even if it is hard as a rock. (Am I getting used to hard Chinese beds!??!)

My time in Denver has been great. There’s nothing quite like having a little kid tell ya: “I like you!” Oh, does that warm one’s heart like nothing else can. Well, my great niece, little Megan was saying that to me shortly after I arrived. It has been so good to get to know her and her brother Nathan. The last time I saw Megan, she was only a few month’s old and Nathan was pretty young too. They have now just moved to the Denver area, so I have had a wonderful opportunity to reacquaint myself with these young relatives while visiting my sister, Anna.

The same goes for my nephew Andy and his family. But I didn’t get to see all his “kids.” Zeke did get over here the other night, but the others are a little too much when they are all together – so I’m told – and I can certainly believe it. You see, Zeke is a mastiff bulldog of about 200 pounds. The other “kids” are Samson and Sada, two other only slightly smaller dogs. Zeke certainly was a joy by himself, and I understand the others are too, but they can be a handful in a group setting. Zeke is the biggest, loving animal I’ve ever seen. He’s one of those that just wants affection, and as big as he is, he usually gets what he wants.

I head back out tomorrow morning and should arrive in Hong Kong over the weekend.

My thanks to everyone for a great visit while Stateside and around the World.