Wednesday, August 30, 2006

BBQ and Cary

I wouldn't feel like I was in North Carolina without a good meal of BBQ. Well, I finally got to it Monday in Cary. Visiting with my Decca associates at Virtual Systems to kickoff a new computer software system, our hosts took us to nearby Danny's BBQ for lunch.

Danny is a Floridian with a different twist on BBQ. You couldn't call it Eastern nor Western style. But it was good pork. It's like Danny couldn't decide on what he wanted in his style, so four or five types of sauce were available on every table. I tried most and coudn't pick a favorite. All were good, but no Hickory Log or Lexington winning flavor.

My Hong Kong associates were new to BBQ, but they found good options in chicken and vegetables. I still need to get them to Lexington or another "real BBQ joint".

Danny's did have some interesting paraphernalia on the walls and throughout the restaurant. A wall of hot sauces advertised an offer for a free sandwich if you brought in a brand of sauce he didn't already have displayed. We didn't find any Chinese flavors, but of course, we didn't have any with us either. Kinda hard to travel with liquids right now, even if we had known we were coming here for lunch.

More BBQ soon. Photos from link at right.