Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Moved!!

A return just in time for another busy weekend!  Yes, I did get back to China!  Nice to be back in my old bed……  Ooops!  Only two nights for that!  I moved again!

Yep!  On Sunday, I moved into a new apartment!  And an apartment with a big mirror in the bathroom, hot water, and a big balcony!  It’s not much bigger than my last apartment, but ohhhhh so much better!!

I finally got the approval a couple of months ago to make a change.  I negotiated the deal with my company for the upgrade, when the noise was getting louder at the construction site behind my old place.  But then I had to find something suitable.  I found it with the help of a friend in the rental business here in Dongguan.  It barely costs more than my first apartment, with so many more extras!  

The living room is well appointed with tall ceilings and a large balcony from this sixth floor location, looking out over the street and onto Qifeng mountain – actually some trees there!!  The bathroom is heavenly!  It has a Jacuzzi bathtub and a shower with eight showerheads.  The kitchen is very upscale, but small.  The refrigerator is actually in the dining area of the main room.  I think that is a common Chinese style.  No use having a refrigerator in the kitchen, because they only use fresh foods to cook.  

The bedrooms are nicely done too.  The master has a king size bed and another television.  Okay, it has great wardrobes, although the sizing doesn’t seem to fit me.  I guess my size clothes are a little longer than for most Chinese.

The second bedroom has a computer desk and setup for workspace.  So it gets me out of the main area some.  But of course, I still haven’t gotten the internet connected yet.  Still working on that transfer.  I hope it isn’t the hassle I first had with China Telecom!!

At first glance of the location for this new apartment, I was a little concerned.  I don’t guess I am too sure yet.  The sign out front says “Hotel.”  Not exactly where you expect to find a home is it?  But that sign is for “service apartments” which are also available here in the building.   It does make for a pleasant lobby to enter through.  

I’ll get some pictures posted soon.  I’m still working through boxes and organizing.  More later!