Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto Screws Up Plans

What is with my travel luck recently? First I got stuck in Hong Kong by a typhoon a couple of weeks ago, and now I’ve been chased by a hurricane all week in North Carolina!

And Ernesto may have been worse than the typhoon. No, I didn’t miss any flights or get detoured by flooded roads. No, nothing like that. It was worse: MY GOLF GOT RAINED OUT!!

Can you believe it? Here I work hard for days to get a little extra time to play golf in the evening yesterday with an associate from China. And it rains 4” in one day!! Now that is no good for golf! I’ve played in rain, but rain bands of drenching heavy rain wasn’t worth it!

And I haven’t played a North American golf course now in over a year! My associate has never played a golf course in the US. We were really looking forward to a getaway. The computer training was taxing our minds. We needed the diversion. Instead we got to drive back across the state in driving rain!

So far we’ve not seen any significant damage that Ernesto may have caused. We have seen major thunderstorms and a lot of rain. What a bummer!

Now we gotta find a way to get in a round on another day with a compressed schedule. I’m running out of time!