Thursday, November 30, 2006

Getting Back to China

A funny thing happened on the way to China: I ended up in South Bend, Indiana! And I did not want to be in South Bend!! No! That was not planned. So of course, I now am in Chicago for an extra night!! All because of a little rain delaying my flight enough to miss my connection! We had gone to South Bend for more fuel when we got delayed too long.

So I had to check into a hotel for the night. And wouldn't ya know it: the hotel lost electrical power!! Oh great! At least they were digging out free beer for guests that could find or feel their way to the bar. Seems something had struck the electrical in the area and knocked out power at the hotel for a couple of hours. What luck!

But don't expect me to look too great when I finally get to China. My clothes and toiletries are all locked in my luggage at O'Hare! The hotel had even run out of those free amenities. At least they did find me a toothbrush.

Oh well..........