Saturday, November 04, 2006

Travel Time Again!!

It’s going to be a long trip! I start out on Friday the 10th for a day trip to Hong Kong to see my doctor. That will probably be two ferry rides and a lot of cabs and car transport.

On Sunday I travel from Guangzhou to Bangkok for a quick visit to the factory we do business with in Thailand. I’ve never flown out of Guangzhou, but I am hoping that I can save a little time by going to this sister city of Dongguan a little faster, by foregoing the double customs passage as when traveling to Hong Kong.

After a short day in Thailand, I return to Hong Kong on Monday night for a single night stay near the airport before the long flight to the USA on Tuesday. I arrive in Greensboro late Tuesday night and soon head to Cary for a couple of days of software business again.

By the weekend of the 18th, I’m hopefully recovered to Eastern Standard Time so that I can enjoy NCSU whipping up on UNC in Chapel Hill!! YES! And if I’m lucky I’ll make it back to Winston-Salem for a singles dance that night at the Piedmont Club. I could be a little tired from all the travel and time zone changes………….

Thanksgiving will be the annual McCracken feast in Lake Junaluska. I love getting together with all the family there. It’s a real Norman Rockwell type reunion!

In between I’ll be around High Point, Greensboro, Charlotte, Chapel Hill, Rutherfordton, and more than a few BBQ houses! Offer me a tray of slaw and pork with some hush puppies, and I’ll be there! See ya soon!

Travel Plans

November

10

Hong Kong Day Trip

Return to Dongguan City

11

Dongguan City

Apartment / Home

12

Guangzhou to Bangkok

Novotel Bangkok Airport

13

Bangkok to Hong Kong

Novotel Citygate

14

Hong Kong to Chicago to Greensboro

High Point Hotel

15-17

Cary, NC

Marriott Courtyard, Cary

18

NCSU vs. UNC & Piedmont Club Black & White Dance

19-22

Winston-Salem & Greensboro Area

23-25

Waynesville

Father’s Home

26-29

Undefined

29-30

Greensboro to Hong Kong

Return to Dongguan