Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Here Comes the Rain Again!

Here come the rains again! I just hope it ends before too long! But I don’t count on that happening anytime soon.

I went to Hong Kong Monday, and it rained much of the day there. You couldn’t see across the harbor, and the Star Ferry cruise ride takes less than 10 minutes to traverse.

Rain doesn’t mean you will get wet though when you are in Hong Kong. You can walk all over most of the city and never feel a raindrop. All over the main city areas there are footbridges and passageways. I walked for blocks without ever going out into the rain. You can pass right through from one shopping center into another, once you figure out the system. And most of it is from the first level up, so you pass right over the congestion of the highways without any delay too.

If you don’t like the humidity of the open air footbridges, you have the alternative of going down into the subway. There you can traverse block after block at each station while making your way from building to building.

Most Honk Kong folks still carry umbrellas, but at least they don’t pop them up so often. I usually run into a few whenever they do that. I don’t think they see me above the umbrella.