Monday, August 27, 2007

Delaware Senator with PKD Needs Kidney Transplant Too

I receive several alerts for news situations to help keep me informed about current events in this faraway land. As I’ve often stated it can be difficult to get the news here. Again today, (for example) I got to watch Samantha Brown climb to the top of the Cathedral of Seville, instead of the ABC Evening News,………. for probably the 200th time!!! [See previous posting.]

Anyway, a recent headline in one of my alerts really caught my attention: Senator Bunting Needs Kidney Transplant. As I read on, I found out that this was George Bunting Jr., a State Senator of Delaware. Of course, I had never heard of this state senator from Delaware, but the news of his situation is all too familiar. He too suffers from polycystic kidney disease and rapid deterioration has led to the urgent need for a transplant or at least dialysis.

I’m only a few years younger than the Delaware State Senator. I have not reached an urgent need for dialysis or transplant. However, I’m getting closer by the day. The news states the senator may have family members eligible to donate. So far no one has worked out for me. In his urgent need, I hope someone matches soon for him. I still need someone.

I also hope Senator Bunting will use his position to bring some more information to the public to understand the great need for transplant donors, and the need for more people to at least sign up as a donor. Please give it thought and read the informative websites in the right column on what and how to be sure you are a donor. Help Save A Life!

And Good Luck Senator Bunting.

Labels: , ,