Thursday, September 13, 2007

Walk for PKD................. Please


Walk for PKD. You may have heard advertisements for a walk near you. The third weekend in September is National PKD Awareness Week, and the walks coincide to promote and bring more aid to fighting Polycystic Kidney Disease.


PKD is the disease affecting my health. It is breaking down my kidneys slowly. I’m doing okay for now, but I would be much better off if I could get a kidney transplant. And there are about 70,000 other Americans in need of a kidney transplant like me. Tackling this debilitating disease with new research and medical advances is important for me personally, but is important to all Americans and people of all nations.

If you have the opportunity to support a Walk for PKD near your home, please do so. Even get out and walk if possible. More information is available at the pkdcure.org site or clicking here.

Labels: , ,