Monday, October 29, 2007

FEMA Makes News Here Too

Here I am on the other side of the world, and I have a hard time finding any news from the US. Or I should say “worthy news”. But the infamous “FEMA news conference” sure made the headlines here! Every local television newscast has proudly replayed it. They get great fun at laughing and making fun of the event.

What were those guys at FEMA thinking? I’m sure their intentions were good, but they still probably have no idea how damaging that can be. The world seems to really enjoy ridiculing the US, and that was just fodder for their desires. Being an expat in a foreign country, I see it first hand. It is sad, but when you are on high, you are the target for all. Most of the world envies the US, so these type news events get prominent attention.

The newscasters and station managers hopped on it like bees on honey. They certainly enjoyed all the fun they were able to throw at the US on that one.

Labels: ,