Friday, February 01, 2008

It's TOO COLD!!........I'm Getting Outa Here!!

Brrrrrrr!!! I’m getting out of here! This is far too cold! Okay, yes, I lived in Michigan and it was colder! But never was it this cold and wet. And I could always walk into a heated room! Again there is NO HEAT! Not anywhere here!

Okay, I have found heat in our finishing oven. And yes, I have been seen frequenting the ovens, not to smell the fumes, but to get some heat!! Otherwise, I enjoy going to the washroom to use the hot hand warmer! It’s that bad!

I could have it worse. Many of you have probably seen the plight of the workers here in Guangdong area. The Lunar New Year starts next week, and already millions of workers are trying to get home for extended leave. But the snows are hampering travel. They just want to get home. They only go once a year. And they go all year planning for this one trip to see family. It is often the only time they see their small children, who have been left with grandparents while they have come to this manufacturing region to work.

Me, I want out of this cold too. So I’m going to Thailand! Yes! Thailand. Warm and beautiful Thailand! I can’t wait. I’ll be working at our new factory all next week, but working with temperatures in the 90’s will be a great change!

Labels: , , , ,