Sunday, May 22, 2005

Ants and Barnaba Island

Did you know there is a problem with ants in the Mediterranean? And that there are no residents of Barnaba Island, although many former residents return weekly to their former home in hopes of one day inhabiting again. Amazing what worthless information you get here on the only two English channels when you're stuck in bed on a weekend.

I didn't feel so good on Sunday, so I spent most of the day in bed. I can't fit in the only chair in the room. It's some type of lavanity chair, about two feet in total height. I haven't even pulled it out. So I lay back in bed looking at a small TV in a wall, with blinds closed on the only small window because it gets sooo hot otherwise.

Trying to find anything on television to keep my interests wasn't easy. The documentaries shown are not real thrilling. I've watched more soccer than I hate to admit. And a lot that of it with Chinese commentators. At least I did get to see Spurs beat the Suns last night. Interesting hearing a game in Mandarin.

This cold has hit me pretty hard. You go from very humid day conditions to very cold rooms constantly. They are consistent at turning off air conditioning whenever out of a room, but then they crank it up whenever you walk in. The constant change hasn’t helped me when I’m already fighting jet lag.

Maybe I can find another special about wildlife on some rare Pacific island…… how exciting!