Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Worlds Biggest Mall

As you may have noticed by some of my postings, they like to do things big here in China. Well, they are topping them all now! Believe it or not, right here in Dongguan City, opening soon, will be the World’s Biggest, and I mean the very Biggest……. Shopping Mall!!

Yes! I do mean bigger than the Mall of the Americas. Even bigger than the mall in Edmonton, Canada that supplanted it as the world’s biggest. But actually there are already two other malls in China bigger than either of those. And this will be the biggest yet. This mall will be over 430,000 square meters in size! I didn’t say square feet!! I said square meters!! That is three times the size of the Mall of America! Three times!! It will be huge!

It will have replicas of Arc de Triomphe, and other French landmarks. There will be a little Venice. One area will be Disney-like. Read more about it at this article:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/05/24/yourmoney/mall.php

So yes, right here, within five miles of my apartment, will soon be the biggest mall in the entire World! Now maybe this will get the interests of some of you to come visit me in China!