Friday, March 31, 2006

A Good Year for Marriage

“This is a very good year for getting married!”  Well, it sure must be.  They really follow their Chinese calendar here.  And I thought we had a lot of wedding activities, but I think they are challenging the amount here in China.  I sure never expected to find that here.  And of all things, March is the favorite month.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my associates, Eric Yuen, approached me in a shy manner in saying he wanted to ask me something.  When he asked me to “Come to my wedding party, March 31”, I was both honored and floored.  I had no idea he was getting married, much less in such a short time.  

Never one to pass up a party, I’m off to Hong Kong soon.  From my understanding, it will probably be a typical Decca bash.  And this one is at the Hong Kong Shangri-la Hotel.  Sounds pretty nice!  I look forward to attending.  

So it is off to Hong Kong tonight.  I return tomorrow to hopefully play golf on Sunday - assuming my back is better ………….. and I recover from the party!