Friday, June 09, 2006

60 Years under The King

I'm in Thailand again today. I arrived last night - after a lousy two hour delay from Hong Kong airport to Bangkok, followed by a long ride to Chonburi. I have some business here again a few days. I should be back in Hong Kong on Sunday night and back in China again on Monday.

It's interesting to be here at this time. I've arrived just as the 60th anniversary of the King's reign is being celebrated. Everyone is wearing yellow here at the hotel today. I understand there are activiites throughout the country. He is unrivaled in the term of his reign, and it is astonishing to see the admiration and respect he is granted in this country. While other politicians are being constantly berated for their activities, he is held up with great honor by all.

Email may be a little limited for the few days here. I am at the Mercure Hotel in Chonburi, and will be at Para World Furniture on business. Hopefully, I will be posting a phone number to be reached. I am probably going to have to buy a new card. What a pain, I arrive in a country and have to buy a new phone card and get a new number almost everytime.

Anyway, greetings from Thailand.