Sunday, May 29, 2005

Weekend Blues

It’s a long weekend in Dahlingshan. I’m watching the Spurs beat the Suns in Game 3 of the NBA Playoffs. I don’t understand a word of the commentators. It’s all Mandarin. Although I’ve been here a couple of weeks now, I sure haven’t mastered many words. And it will be a long time before I catch up with the speed of these sports commentators.

But this is the best thing I have to do. I have to plan weekends a little better. Not only is everyone gone to Hong Kong for Sunday, but the plant is even closed. It is the one day a month they close for everyone to have a day off. Kinda quiet around here.

I’m about the only one in the “hotel”. There may be a few managers, but not many. And none that speak English. So I’m resigned to my room and the “karaoke” room for television and computer.

Just my luck though, the computer network isn’t working now. Had trouble all day on Saturday, and now trouble connecting in the “hotel”. I’m getting no wireless network connection at all. What a bummer.

At least the “I love this game” ads are in English. But Ray Allen sure can’t sing.