Thursday, October 27, 2005

Halloween Travel

If it’s Halloween, it must be Bangkok! No, I’m not talking about some Haunted House with a Thailand theme run by a bunch of Chinese young businessmen called Jaycees. No, I’m off to Thailand. And yep, I do mean that Thailand.

Just when I thought I would get a taste of Halloween in China, I’ve been commanded to Thailand. You see, we manufacture some goods there (no use doing high tariff items here), and I’ve been asked to look at some production and quality situations. Wouldn’t ya know I have to go over a weekend and miss out on a round of golf.

And I’m also missing several Halloween parties at the local ex-pat bars. Signs have been popping up all around about the events recently. I wouldn’t have known where to begin to find what to wear anyway. I don’t have a closet full of extras to choose from. And I’ve not seen a Goodwill to pick up some ideas.

You don’t see much about Halloween otherwise around here either. They tell me Hong Kong is decorated heavily and has become a special holiday. From what I am gathering, there may be some Halloween like activities on Monday, but otherwise its limited to the ex-pats.

But Bangkok….. How exciting is that? And from what I hear from everyone, it is really great. So off I go Friday afternoon. Look out for special reports.