Sunday, February 04, 2007

Haircut FollowUp

Ah, this haircut stuff is great here! Only I really may have gone too far last weekend. I decided it was time for another great shampoo and trim, but I decided to try out a new place this time. I was doing great …. For a while anyway.

As usual, no one seemed to speak English. It was a beautiful place, and I could tell the girl that greeted me upon my entrance, had the right idea by her hand motions. She made a wave of her hands like she was shampooing. So I figured I was headed in the right direction. And I was. We actually headed first up some steep glass stairway to the second floor. Only I had to be a little careful on this second floor. I don’t think this building had originally been planned for two floors. My head was practically touching the ceiling when we ascended to the top of the stairway. And believe me, I had to duck the beams between sections.

But the room for shampooing was great. There were four long bed style washstands, and I was soon stretched out and getting a very soothing massage to the scalp. Ohhhh, those small fingernails scratching the head are soooooooooooo comforting. She even washed my face, ……… ever so gently. All was just going great. …………… but then…….. she held out a small bowl in front of my face as I lay on the table and mumbled something. I just said “Okay,” that easily recognized worldwide phrase of agreement. ………… Maybe I ought to have checked a little closer.

Soon she was wrapping me in blankets and warm towels. All that was kind of nice. But then she disappeared for a few minutes. I could hear a mixing commotion nearby somewhere. I figured she was mixing something in that bowl.

When she returned, she took out a small spatula and started dabbing the concoction all over my face! I was getting a FACIAL! How’d I do this?????

Oh well, it was kind of interesting. But I understood the blankets more now. That stuff she dabbed on my face was ICE COLD! Man, was it cold! I mean I’ve been cold here for weeks now, and didn’t really need this.

After a few minutes she peeled the hardened mask off my face. It felt pretty good. Wonder if I look better?