Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another Hurdle Cleared!

I can play golf!! I certainly didn’t expect this now, but I got released from the care of my Transplant Clinic yesterday!! I will still have close care from my neprologist for months, but this is a big hurdle.

When I had my surgery in mid-July, the staff scheduled my care to switch to the nephrologist in early October. But I then had my setback from the infection of my incision, so I expected that switch to also be delayed. To say the least, I was quite pleasantly surprised to get the release yesterday. I have progressed rapidly enough to get the clearance.

At the clinic, the doctors have been rotating for my weekly appointments. Dr. Stratta, the surgeon who preformed my surgery met with me yesterday. It was the first time I had seen him since I left the hospital. He has that aura of professionalism one loves in a surgeon. To think he oversees the gift of life is amazing. He was very pleased with my improvement.

Oh yea……. I started by saying: “I can play golf”…… that doesn’t mean I can play golf well. And the doctor suggested I just start with a par 3 course. I hope to get out soon, but I will definitely be taking it slow. Here’s to keeping it in the fairway. At least, I can play golf!

Labels: