Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Hollywood Baby Birthday Party

One of my local drinking holes, The Hollywood Baby, is always looking for a good reason to have a party. The owner’s birthday was the latest reason. So last Saturday night was another great party in Dongguan!!

I even got a personal call from one of the hostesses in the early evening to show up as soon as possible. They wanted me to bring my camera and take pictures. Seems I’m popular for taking pics, if nothing else. Only at the time, a friend of mine and I were some distance away having dinner at that great Japanese restaurant I visited a few weeks ago (See Royal Garden Hotel article and photo link). We got back to the Baby late, but it’s never too late in Dongguan, especially for a party like this. I’m told this one ended around 6 AM.

The bar even took the opportunity to get out the wedding dresses again. Yes, I said “wedding dresses”. You see, the other owner, Frank, got married just a few weeks ago, and the bar went all out and got white wedding-style dresses for all the barmaids or hostesses to wear. So here again on this Saturday, this time for Michael’s birthday, they dressed the girls in all white again! And as always, the girls looked great! It was quite an event.


The cake was good too! It was decorated with one of those incredible candles like we had for Edmund’s birthday. [I wonder if I can haul those back on my flights to the States?? - I doubt it.] It fluttered and then spread its petals into small candles on each tip. Really neat!

The band was in great form as always on a Saturday night, and the crowd was happy. Toasts were popular for Michael on this occasion, and everyone had a great time. I took some 150 pictures. Write me for the link, if ya want to see those pics.

Happy Birthday Michael!