Friday, April 20, 2007

Mighty Fine

Blue skies/ Smiling at me/ Nothing but blue skies/ Do I see/

Willie Nelson singing that song has resonated in my mind all week this week! What a week! It has been absolutely beautiful here. Okay, maybe not that beautiful, but a lot better than usual.

The weather forecasters here classify it simply as: "Fine." I just love to hear that. It says it pretty well.

Wednesday was the best day I can ever remember here. On Tuesday night, it rained heavily, and by the morning the skies had cleared, and there were blue skies! Yes! Blue skies in Dongguan! You just don’t know how rare that is in this industrial Chinese region. Why heck, you could even see the mountains. The days you can see the surrounding mountains is about as rare as seeing a bird here. So the second line of that famous Sinatra song about bluebirds, didn’t quite apply as well as the first line.

It’s still been pretty good the last couple of days too. I just hope it lasts on into the weekend, for my visit to Hong Kong. That would be really good.

Labels: , ,